Exercise For Mums
1) Work up a sweat. High-energy activity helps the heart to pump better and improves fitness. To feel more energetic, enjoy high-energy exercise regularly. Both mums and your kids will benefit from the extra energy output.
2) No obstacle too big. Set up a fun obstacle course in your lounge room or backyard for the kids to enjoy- and get moving through.
3) Dance. Dancing can be a great way to get the heart pumping, while listening to music is therapeutic, and you can do it in your own home.
4) Finding Fun. On rainy days you can play indoor games such as “Simon Says” or “Follow the Leader”, or organize an indoor treasure hunt to keep the kids moving through the house.
5) Being active is great. Whether it’s playing with friends or family, taking part in sport and other physical activities or joining regular family activities, being active is good for everyone.
6) Weekly challenge. Set up weekly physical challenges such as how many star jumps you and the kids can do in a row or how many circuits of the backyard you can run, or hold a jump rope contest. The kids will love to have you participate.