Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Bacon, Avocado, Walnut & Blue Cheese Risotto
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- 2 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 tsp MAGGI Green Herb Stock Powder
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 50 g blue cheese, crumbled
- ¾ cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 4 rashers bacon, grilled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- freshly ground black pepper
Prep time Cook time
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add arborio rice and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add water, Herb Stock Powder, lemon juice and wine to the rice mixture. Bring to the boil, stirring. Cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli. Cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add blue cheese, walnuts and bacon. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in avocado. Cover the pan and allow to heat through for 1 minute. Serve immediately seasoned with black pepper.