Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Baked Mushroom Risotto
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- 50 g margarine
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 250 g mixed mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 tsp MAGGI Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, 375mL
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- shaved parmesan for serving, if desired
Prep time Cook time
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium-low heat; add onion and garlic, cook, stirring for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add thyme and wine, bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until liquid has almost evaporated.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned lightly. Add rice; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer mixture to 6 cup (1.5L) capacity oven proof dish. Add combined stock and Evaporated Milk, stir to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil; transfer to oven. Bake, stirring occasionally, for 55 minutes. Stir in cheese and herbs. Serve topped with shaved parmesan, if desired.