Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- 2 tsp canola oil, or cooking spray
- 8 pieces uncrumbed beef schnitzel
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, 375mL
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
Prep time Cook time
- Heat oil in large frying pan over; sear schnitzel in batches for 40-50 seconds each side (do not overcook or beef will be tough). Transfer to a plate; cover with foil and keep warm.
- Heat same cleaned frying pan over medium heat; add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes.
- In a large jug, blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon of Evaporated Milk, add remaining Evaporated Milk and add to pan. Bring to boil; reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly; or until sauce has thickened. Stir in parsley.
- Divide the meat among serving plates, top with sauce. Serve with a green salad if desired.