Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Creamy Curried Fish Balls & Noodle Soup
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small red chilli, halved and seeds removed or 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled
- ½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 shallots, peeled
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 400 g boneless fish fillets, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
- 750 mL fish stock
- 1 can CARNATION Light & Creamy Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk, 375mL
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 440 g hokkien noodles, soaked and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
Prep time Cook time
- Place garlic, chilli, ginger, coriander, lemongrass, shallots and turmeric into the bowl of a food processor. Process to form a thick, coarse paste. Transfer to a bowl.
- Place fillets into the same food processor bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of paste. Process until fish is minced well and combined with paste. Take tablespoonfuls of mixture and roll into balls. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining paste; cook 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add stock, Coconut Flavoured Evaporated Milk and fish sauce. Bring to the boil; add fish balls; cook 5 minutes; add noodles and peas, cook a further 5 minutes or until noodles are heated through.