Looking for mealtime inspiration? Search now...
Creamy Pesto Gnocchi
We are currently updating the Nutritional Table, this is a work in progress but please be sure to check back in at a later date. If you require urgent assistance with this recipe please contact us.
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 500 g gnocchi
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 can CARNATION Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk, 375mL
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Prep time Cook time
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the proscuitto, in a single layer, on baking tray; bake in oven for 8 minutes or until crisp. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Reserve a piece for garnish; break remainder into small pieces, set aside.
- Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large jug, blend cornflour with 1 tablespoon of Evaporated Milk add remaining Evaporated Milk and pesto. Heat saucepan over medium heat; pour mixture into pan. Bring to boil; reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes, or until sauce has thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir sauce through gnocchi, add spinach and proscuitto. Transfer to serving bowls. Top with reserved piece of proscuitto and pine nuts. Serve.