Top 10 Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Get ready for our top 10 healthy lifestyle tips!
When it comes to a happy and healthy lifestyle, it’s all about finding the right balance.
Achieving balance is easy if you develop healthy eating, sleeping and exercising habits. In no time a healthy lifestyle will come as second nature to you. The result is more energy, more focus, and more motivation to reach your goals.
Here are our top 10 tips for a healthy lifestyle:
- Did you know that being overweight puts you at greater risk of high blood pressure, high blood glucose (sugar), and high LDL cholesterol (the “bad” type of cholesterol)?
- The healthy BMI (body mass index) range is from 18.5 to 24.9. Where do you fall? Calculate your BMI.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Aim for at least two alcohol-free days a week. Quit smoking.
- Get between six and eight hours of sleep regularly.
- Try to stop adding salt to meals whenever you can. Too much salt can cause high blood pressure.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day, at least three to four times a week. If you want to lose weight, daily exercise is recommended.
- Get moving! Change your routine to get more exercise into your life – walk, don’t drive; use the stairs instead of the lift; park a few streets from your work and walk the extra blocks.
- Eat five servings of vegetables and two servings of fruit each day. Eating the right amount of fruit and veg can help prevent heart disease, some cancers, obesity and constipation and help improve diabetes control.
- Read the label. Get into the habit of reading health and nutrition information on labels on products to establish saturated fat, salt and sugar content.
- And remember: Don’t deprive yourself – banning your favourite foods such as cakes, pizza or beer will only make you crave them more. Instead cut down on treats to once or twice a week.