Get the kids involved in something fun this Easter by creating painted Easter eggs.
These make thoughtful, healthy gifts, rather than traditional chocolate eggs for friends and family.
What you will need:
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Paper towels / newspaper
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Egg carton
- Cover table with paper towels or newspaper to ensure paint doesn’t spill onto it.
- Use an egg carton as a stand for painting the egg.
- Get the kids to think of some patterns to paint on their eggs, if they want to practice first get a scrap piece of paper and try their hand on there first.
- Paint with your choice of colours some fun patterns.
- Allow to dry for several hours before you move them.
Eggs and what we can do with them
Eggs are a great source of protein and they provide all of the essential amino acids. Protein occurs in every cell in your body and having a good level in your diet helps you stay well.
Enjoy your hard-boiled eggs as a snack, or use them in our recipes below: